Thread: Name That Tune
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

We've got "Name That Hero," "Name That Game," "Name the Car Make" and the "Movie Quotes" thread, so why not one about music? Simple rules here: Someone posts a line or lines from a song (as much or as little as you'd like, but be reasonable), and then everyone else has to figure out the title of the song and the band/artist. You can add whatever else you'd like, such as the name of the album from which the song comes, a list of the substances you ingested when you last saw that band in concert, or a random memory like, "We played this at my hamster's funeral - it was righteous, dude." The only thing you must do, after guessing correctly, is post the next lyric. And no fair posting lyrics from the song you wrote for that girl you had the crush on in sixth grade, unless of course a classmate of yours discovered the crumpled-up lyrics in the trash can and turned your pre-teen torch song into a major hit.

I'll start us off with an easy one:

I'm only hanging on to watch you go down