View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #19
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Thing is DosRaider, you're right... If the subject of this thread is "what can we do to prevent newbies from asking why they can't download ESA protected games ever"...

Which unfortunatly is not the case.

Edit: it is a little slower now at job, so I have time to think about this more.

IMHO, the best suggestion so far been given by Doink. If you guys are looking for suggestion, I'd suggest myself that a new page would be created on the site only to answer this very specific question and all other related questions. However, it should be made so that the question "why can't I download ESA protected games" is up top and very visible. It's the question most users want to see answered and they don't often care for anything else, or a long explanation either for that mater. Followed closely by something like "Then why do you still have the review of that game up if you have no intention of allowing me to download it?". Then the page would continue with all the other related questions, and I guess it would be easy to link that page to the already existing FAQ we have on site.

The most important change however would need to be the ESA icon itself. It need to be changed to something more visible if possible, but I'd suggest making it pretty alike the current download button but with a big red X or something like that barring the image and a small space saying something like "if you want to know why you can't download this game, click here.".

The whole idea is, of course, to give a chance for people who do want to know and do read first to get to the new page I was talking about, hopefully giving them the insight they need and are looking for. This site always been about quality over quantity, and I think this suggestion go in that direction.