View Single Post
Old 22-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
Gormash
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jan 22 2006, 02:57 AM
Get him out there and let him have some REAL LIFE experiences before you let him ruin his brain with the wonders of the digital world.
Heya Chucky and thanks for bringing up a valid point. But from your post I take it you don't have children of your own?

Anyways, this kid (my girlfriends son) is like most children interested in what we grownups do, and that include games on the computer (both my girl and me play WoW). Thus he has a tendency of climbing up on our laps and try to use the PC along with us punching away at buttons and not understanding a thing, even though he really enjoys it.

So I though I'd get some friendly games and have a little quality-time that he REALLY could enjoy...

And just to put your fears to rest: Today we went out playing in the snow, he played with lego (the big type, Duplo I think) and with his wooden train-set among MANY other "normal" activities.
I think he get less than one hour PC-time each week (all of it supervised) if you add it up...

Oh, and in case you wonder, we do NOT use the computers both at the same time so that the little one is left alone. Well, not while he's awake at any rate!

To all others:
Thanks for some good ideas. I'll check them out...

I've already tried the Little people thingies though. The Farm version was interesting for about 5 minutes, and the Mean street version wouldn't play. I only got a black screen with some white squiggles...
Gormash is offline                         Send a private message to Gormash