View Single Post
Old 21-10-2004, 08:35 AM   #18
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by machwell@Sep 14 2004, 10:07 PM
Suddenly i cant attack anymore... I have realms revolting and I can't attack to take them back, i have a military rating of 7 and 7 archers, 7 infantery and 2 knights... what's wrong?
I had same problem when Pope banished me (or whatever is a word). You know, when you can't apply for the throne anymore. A cross appears on that paper on the main screen. He do that when relation with Pope is under 3. Well, happiness of your people fall on 1 and untill you raise it to 3 you can't attack. If you like conquering (and I guess that most of you do) that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Realtions with Pope is lowered if you attack some opponent wich is "good" with Pope. Then, Pope will ask you for some money for your sins. If you pay him, relations will become better again, but it's damn expensive. When he excommunicate you, relation with him and happines are 1. You can then pay him twice to restore relations to 3 and then ask him to "put you back in buisness" or you can do it hard way
Quickly improve your happines to 3 and you are able to attack again, but Pope will not bother you anymore. So you can conquer whole country, even Pope's lands, to become a king. Or you can conquer great majority, and when you are rich enough, restore and very mucj improve relations with Pope and then ask him to proclaim you a king. I know most of you will be agressive, I understand that
Onley problem is, while you are at war, other rulers can become king, thanks to Pope offcourse.
Build castles to keep your lands from revolting. You don't need castle in every theritoy. Build base of the castle and when you are able to build it, you'll see that. I'm not quite sure what exactly you need for that.
As for the strategy "retreat and attack", or "Come to Kiza"-strategy (as it is known in my country), it is very effective here. I'm sure that defending units have double strength, but I doub it is effective when outnumbered. You can retreat and attack, and then group your knights and archers to attack one-by-one. They'll fall like a wheat under sickle-hook. If there is a castle, tell your knights to wait untill you break through the wall and then it is same. Your knights attack in group and they come one-by-one. Just make sure that after you kill one your knights don't just stupidly stand and look one of their brother fighting an enemy about half of yard beside them. :Titan:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river