View Single Post
Old 21-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

Once again I would like to point out that everyone is free to modify configuration and do whatever they like with installer, I've already mentioned twice above that you can manually un7zip it. Also, please, read the message I've posted above, it explains different ways installer may work. The idea behind all this is to make a single distribution format suitable both for newbies and experts and I believe it is something NSIS can do. Once we figure out: a) if we need such installer; b) how installer will work; I can start coding generic installer script which later can be used to automaticly pack any game with pre-configured DOSBox configuration file and etc. Some people like those DOSBox GUI like D-Fend and etc, perhaps I could also make installer to generate D-Fend profile and even automaticly import it (I yet have to see how it works, but my guess that it's possible as well).

To summarize: small overhead + high compression ratio (LZMA compression) + intuitive installation process + included configuration file + manual unpackage (can also be done on non-windows system, lzma compression is free and there are many both gui and cli tools for other systems avaliable) + nice and clean ui (and distinguishable look).
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm