View Single Post
Old 16-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Petter1979
Game freak

Talking

Update, I replaced the noisy 12gig harddrive with a silent Seagate IV 60gig and placed it in a rubber suspension, i packed the case with sound absorbtion pads. I made the same partitions on the new harddrive, and the new harddrive have a aditional partition aswell.

the PC generates NO NOISE , the only noise in my bedroom/computer room is my bathroom ventilation, and i never noticed that before now :blink:
But that is removed when i shut the door to the bathroom.

here is a inside pic:

http://www.uglevang.dk/modpics/DSC00633.JPG

i was thinking that there might be heat build up inside, but the 1 fan in the PSU is good enough.
CPU is 28degrees idle, and 40degrees at max load.

First Post:
I made a old computer, a pentium 133Mhz, here is the link for specs ect.
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?s...petter1979&st=0

I have upgrade the computer a bit, and make it easier to get the old games down on its harddrive.

Now the specs are:

-Celeron 366Mhz 2.0Volt Vcore @ 366Mhz 1.392Volt Vcore, cooled by a modded artic cooling copper silent heatsink with no fan on it.
modded heatsink
-Abit BM6 Motherboard.
-128MB SD-Ram
-Network Card PCI 100Mbit
-Trident 9680 2MB gfx ram.
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 64 Value ISA.
-52x Asus CD-Rom.
-Floppy Drive.
-Replaced fan in PSU, with a 15db fan, running at 7Volt. Its inaudible.
-Old 12Gig harddrive(going to be replaced with a newer quiet one at some time, since this is the only noise source in the pc now)

All of the hardware is now in a old atx case i have, but i dont have a pic of that yet, but i have a pic of when i had most of the hardware scattered on my dining table:
hardware

I use the boot disk i made for my other computer and it works without a hitch on this new build.
I have partitioned the harddrive up into 2 primary partitions.
1st. C: partition (WINXP) 10gig for Windows XP, NTFS formatted.
2nd. D: partition (OLDGAMES) 2gig for dos games, FAT32 formatted.

So if i want to run Windows XP i just dont insert bootdisk, and if i want to run dos i insert the bootdisk. With WinXP i can get on the internet and download old games.

When i boot up on my bootdisk, the old dos files wont see the 1st. XP partition, only the 2nd partition, and the 2nd partition will get C: as a drive label. so my drives would be in dos:
Floppy A:
2nd partition C:
CDROM D:
Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979