Thread: Sonny
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I made SOME progress with the game, but mostly to the point where I have to decide whit what build shall I primaly go for the Legend achievement. So I tried to make a separate save of my states by copying the files into another folder and copying back - but it turned out it doesn't work.
I have no idea where the game stores its saved datas, but certainly not in the game's files.
This is uncomfortable.
The only thing what gives me some relief that I've found a step-by-step walkthrough for the biological build on the topic of this achivement, so if all else fails, I'll try that.

My problem with the hydraulic is currently, that I don't no where to put my point into? I have 3 abilitypoints, so I could take the Flash Freeze on lvl4, allowing 2 use on the ability-wheel, but the offensive power of mine might worth more. Hm, maybe because the progress of leveling is slow, and the Baron comes in the middle of Zone2, I should go with the freezing.

I also started the psyhological build, so I looked after some good guides. The whole build seems most simple in stats (just put everything you can into Instinct, get some electric piercing too, and if you have the patient gether in the "Poseidon's spear" (or something like that) weapon). Here are the builds I could figure out:

Shadow-build:
This focus on damage-during-time abilities, primaly on Epiphany. But many people says one of the key skills (Overtime) is bugged (doesn't work), so I won't bother with this build. Also it is told it requires tons of points to be effective, so it is not good for the story-fights (although this is advised for Zone 6 and Zone 7, but those are unlockable secret, nonstory zones, so ...)

Nightmare:
This is actually not a build, but an ability in question. Some people think this worth using as a finishing-move, some even say with a combo of shock therapy (or something) is a good-enough regular attack skill - although some person reported that the buff/debuff it casues can not be removed by the shock-therapy.
This is also a shadow-damage spell, so again a negative point. I think it is personal preference, and if you have spare points what you don't know what do do with, invest here, you can't miss to much.

The "4-hit KO" build:
The idea behind this build is, to make the enemy heal itself 100%, then use Retrograde on it. The "build" uses High voltage, Choc Coma and retrograde in a very certain pattern: Hv - Hv - Cc - Cc - Hv - Hv - Retrograde.
The result is: the target will cause itself 100% damage of its health, no matter what.
This seems to be abusing a nonintended feature, but I will surly go for it if I will be stuck on a higher level.
As this "build" is doesn't do directly damage, put EVERYTHING to vitality and skills related to that. Well, it is true that you just have to be able to hold out long enough, and you'll simply win.

Electric-build:
Actually only the core is fixed here, it is open to fiddling with it. So:
Use shock therapy as main attack skill (max it).
Use electrical storm to regenerate focus. 1 point might be enough in this.
To make sure you actually hit something, also for focus-recovery, and strenghtening your attacks Wraith Form is advised (although some say it is overdue).
Traumatize is again a must-have, mainly because of the Baron, but it's stun can also become handy. (Too bad it makes the target less vulnerable, but at least for mere 2 point you can equip it twice - not that that would have been ever advised.) Some say you should get Haunt by respec at the Baron, but I hope thats just overreacting.
Retrograde is also suggested when fighting the Baron - it would certainly circumwent the effect of Tick-Tack. But Free Will might just be enough, and that is more of an overall-skill.
Charged Blood is the passive that strenghtens this build, so go for it.
Lastly I mention one more skill: Salvation. This can make Verdaux a real healing-machine. Go for it if you feel the need, or go for another damage-spell, or whatever you have in mind. As I told, appart from maxing Shock Therapy, at least 1 point in electrical storm and maxing charged blood, not forgeting about tramuatise, this build is open to customisation.

The Untuchable:
I don't feel this build worked out to tell the truth, as only the core was presented. It is based on the combination of Ultimatum and Free Will. Ultimatum makes the character almost invulnerable at the cost of its health every turn. Not this side-effect is circumwent by the Free Will - as long as the shield-part is at place. This require recasting the shield before it is broken, else you'll have to wait until Free Will just stops working in every aspect (don't ask me why).
As this'd require counting out how much damage you can suffer from outside sources before you must recast the shield, I personally won't try to go for this, but it is obvious that - just like a bio-build with Toxicant Form - you shall have the lowest hp. As this is a defensive build, it is obviously slow - if working at all -, so prepare on that if you go for it.

I just wish people wouldn't think in just lvl 30 builds, but also guiding you through for the Legend achievment step by step! Especially that saves from points of progress are not allowed.

EDIT: PRIME INFO: When you start the game, the Tutorial part won't net you anything. Now after the first real fight (against one prison guard) hit respec! This will cost you 7$ (all the money you start with), AND GIVES YOU 19 STATPOINTS! I just found this info, tried it out and it works! These statpoints will be incredibly useful to anyone going for the Legend achivement, and valuable to anyone else plying this game! (I just don't know why this info must be hidden so deep and why it isn't common knowledge)

Last edited by twillight; 25-10-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: info inserted
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight