View Single Post
Old 19-04-2023, 08:39 PM   #560
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Pokemon Red with event-Magikarp, conclusion

If you have Dragon Rage, you'll just burn yourself to Vicotry Road eventualy, with enough leveling up. And yes, Magikapr is a terrible pokemon, will need plenty of levels, and items over that, so don't be lazy, and fight every single trainer along your way, and be patient to not spend that money until the very end, when you absolutely have to.
Well, it'd be fun to run a Bubble Magikarp once just for comparison-sake, a much less famous event-pokemon than University Magikarp, and it was released for Gen2, but it can be transfered backward. Point is, if Magikarp can reach Pokemon Tower just with Tackle and Strougle, there is no reason why adding Bubble to the list of moves would not work.

The main trouble is grass attacks against the poor thing, so if you do not have Tackle, unlike I had, because who payed attention that UniKarp came at lvl 15, without knowing Tackle, thus never learning the move, you'll need defensive items to consume. There's a run with Proper UniKarp on Yellow version, but the tuber was one of the impatient people who spent his money on stuff along the way, instead of spending all at the very end, but the point stands.

It was an interresting thing to do, and as said, barely anything would have changed if I did not have Tackle, so I'm fine in my book.