View Single Post
Old 17-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #18
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Um, we have a problem.

The cracked version of Powerslave seems to have been tampered with in a bad way. While the hackers did increase the speed of the strafing (which is good), they seem to have removed/lost the ability to change the mouse sensitivity (bad) and the mouselook key (very bad). I tried putting the hacked executable into my installed copy of PS, and the changes (good and bad) were still in place. I don't know if they used the beta version of the executable (there is a beta of PS floating around) or what, but the loss of those two rather important abilities is pretty detrimental to the game. So while they fixed one issue by doing what they did, they created two others.

Powerslave requires the CD to be in the drive when you play, and I can't find a No CD patch for the game anywhere. So unless someone here is able to hack the executable, or able to find a non-screwy hacked version, I'm not sure what to do.

Edit: I should note that I found several other sites with PS on them, but they all have the same cracked version.

Last edited by The Coop; 17-03-2009 at 08:16 PM.
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop