View Single Post
Old 28-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Thumbs up

I can see your point Treewyrm. Just the crucial settings.
E.g. I wasn't able to run Wings of Glory until I read that it needs ems=false - go figure!

Forum isn't the best place for storing information. I hate the search script at VOGONS, finding info there is a chore!

dosbox.conf changes with each DOSBOX version. It contains settings that vary with personal preferences (e.g.: I don't use scalers). Some settings change from system to system, like best cycle setting. I use GUS emulation wherever it works, while it isn't packed with DOSBOX.

The best place to store such info appears to be... the DOSBOX wiki itself:
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES
The problem is it appears to be somehow deserted and its GAMES section isn't displayed prominently.

Moreover, it desperately needs some editing standards. No generic DOSBOX how-to, no mention of cracks(!), etc. I'd propose using infobox first - with crucial settings (use them or the game won't run), followed with comments of personal experiences of how to make it run optimal (but "your mileage may vary").

Last edited by RRS; 28-09-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: darn, that spambot lured me into necropost ...but my reply is still valid
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS