View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Yes Or Nay
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
ive only had the game 2 days, Thats why it took me sdo long :\ im stil ltrying to figure out how economy and stuff works. Also i plan for Cuba to be coup'd and then give me full milatary control so atleast i have some communists in North America, too bad my coup chance is only 0 right now D: how do i get it up?
Everyone was beginning with the game once. Remember my very first day I played as my home country, Slovakia, had around 4 divisions, all obsolete and technology was at a very low level too. Everything took forever to do, so since then in every single game I played I clocked the speed to maximum.

If I remember correctly you need to influence the nation, to get their disposition towards you up and the coup chance rises with it. Cuba will give you military control only if they are in your military alliance (in this case, the Comintern). Coup them, get them to join, and then military control them (the last step is not so important, their naval bases are far more important as they give you a new base of operations, so the naval limit of your ships expands).

And a warning, don't attack the US of A after 1941. Best to do it around 1939 before things turn hot in Europe and after Japan invades China so USA will be on the lookout and focus their attention on the defense of their Pacific holdings. And it needs long careful planning as well.
Yes Or Nay is offline                         Send a private message to Yes Or Nay