View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

Default Programming a new RPG...

Hey guys! It has literally been *years* since I have posted in the forums here at Abandonia, and I must say it feels good to be back. Anyway, I am currently programming a new game and I am just trying to generate some interest in it.

There is no specific theme as of yet, but the engine itself will be fairly open-ended to a point. I plan for it to be (as you can see) like those old-school first person dungeon crawlers, in the vein of Wizardry.

As I am more of a hobbyist programmer and no where near that great with my coding skills, it is less than likely there will be any animations, sound, music, etc. Doubtful, but always possible. I am currently using QB64.

Character sprite and wall images come from http://mmimageworld.dugtrio17.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi, a Wolfenstein 3D image gallery.

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: The current screenshot does not reflect anything that will actually take place in the game. It was just something I tossed together real quick for the sole purpose of showing off.

- Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FPS.jpg (99.1 KB, 23 views)
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy