View Single Post
Old 19-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
Pavel

Adventures were my most favorite genre long time ago. This game is pretty cool, anyway I'm getting older or what, some challenges really annoyed me on this game:P I hated the frustrating feeling when I knew how I wanted to solve particular thing, but didn't know how to realise it in the game. I know 10 years ago it din't matter to me but now.. :P Example: I knew I need heat for the ground to power up controls. OK, so I found a solution to a problem. So, phaser came to my mind. I've tried to shot at the rocks underneath or around the controls. The game didn't allow it though(said something about that I'm stupid). So I thought it won't work, but it came to my mind that I have to contact Enterprise to fire up something bigger. I spent dozens of minutes walking through every room, trying to contact Enterprise, without success. Then I tried from anger to fire at random rock and whoa, THAT rock worked, after that I've got the tip to contact Enterprise. This is pretty stupid IMO. The success depends if you try to click everywhere, not that you found the solution in your head. BUT, I've been trying to contact my ship, still no success. I had to find out from the walkthrough I have to tricode CERTAIN rock as a target..omg! :P :wallbash: You know those moments really frustrate me when I play the game, when I know what I want to do, how to solve a problem, but I have to spend so much time with trial-error to find some place where to click, I see no point in that really:P
Of course years ago it didn't matter to me, I remember playing Larry 1 and trying for months various commands to get the result Well the times are different, I've got not so much free time..