Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #97
Edge of Mitra

I have beaten this game on Impossible mode with everything but nature. The most imbalanced thing I would say is, Torin the Chosen. That guy is a robust unkillable nightmare, give him some cheesy items and watch him own. As far as units go, my friend played a pretty mean hafling/death combo that he could almost beat impossible with. Haflings slingers are the muck. Sorcery rocks, if you ever get Time Stop off, you can wreak some havoc, sky drakes are decent, the phantoms at the front own, flight is good. Confuse is the best spell for them though, it rocks the house. I beat Impossible very easy with Sorcery, considering I had to pump up Torin to win with Life, though I did that on my first or second try, took me more tries with Sorcery. I was never great with Nature, as far as races go, I'd have to say the dragon race, high men, dark elf, or haflings are the best. All the other races seemed lacking. Chaos magic is fun, you had some many spells that just wasted all of the opponents bases etc, if you got ahead of someone it was easy to win with Chaos, but you have to get spells like Chaos rift etc etc going before its very good, then have a million volcanoes set up to upkeep you spells.
Anyone else have a problem with some of the death spells? Like eternal darkness or something just crashed my game after a few turns of casting it, so was that ever fixed? as fast as heroes I liked to have, any one with noble/sage. I always booted Valana the bard, that bitch crashed my game. Mystic X was a pretty awesome random bit, the necro was good, the drake was decent, the chaos guy was decent, auron was decent, when it came down to hit giving them a platemail of X amount of power was all they needed. ;p I generally always did full books and alchemy for my caster, if I chose Myrran i went with Dark Elf then conquered some Drake cities and used the combination to own some things. Shadow Demons rock at the front, great for pestering opponents weaker cities.

This game rocks the house, hopefully the second one does to.