View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #12
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldurs Gate ToB solos barbarian run, trilogy

So, ToB.
If you had too many equipment you wanted to carry being a packrat, you could do it by stashing all in WSK on a shelf. For reasons while nothing disappears in BG2 areas from the ground, they are 'stolen' in ToB.

My equipment at this point:
helm: balduran's
armor: human skin
gloves: of weapon expertise (from Bodhi)
amulet: of Seldarine
belt: of Inertial Barrier
ring 1: of Kangaxx
ring 2: earth control
boots: of Speed
cloak: of Balduran (I know)
weapons: flail of ages +3, mace of disruption +2, axe of unyielding, spectral brand
shield slot: defender of earthheaven
quick slots: bottle of efreeti, horn of valhalla, spider figurine
arrows: 82 piercing arrow

backpack: gem bag, potion bag, scroll case, glasses of identification, bag of holding

potions: 2*of heroism, 25*extra healing, 3*of regeneration, 34*superior healing, 6*of speed, 9*of invisibility, 1*of genious, 1*mind focusing, 5*brine potion

scrolls: prot from: 1*electricity, 13*undead, 2*magic, 1*fire, 1*cold

jewelry: 1*of invisibility, 1*of djinni summoning, 1*of the ram, 1*of human influence, 1*of regeneration, 1*of spell turning, 1*of fire control, 1*of prot from fire, 1*of protection +2

bag of holding: golden pantaloons, silver pantaloons, Vhailor's helm, white dragon scale, flail of acid (for flail of ages), 2*wand of cursing, wand of wonders, book of infinite spells, shield of Balduran, staff of command, 4*tree of life nuts, bracers of blinding strike, rifthome axe, heartseeker, rod of resurrection, helm of the rock + 2*horn, vigil stone, angurvadal, ras, staff of air, foebane, helm of brilliance, storm star, ilbratha, daystar, staff of fire, shield of harmony, gloves of healing, cloak of the shield*2, cloak of prot +2, horn of blasting, horn of silence, cloak of nondetection, 2*control circlet, elven holy water, stakes, corthala family armor, cutthroat, rod of lordly might, cloak of mirroring, cloak of reflection, boots of etheralness, namarra, adjata the drinker, pearl white ion stone, arbane sword, helmet of defense, crimson chain

-----------

Baalspawn 1: straightforward, 0 income

Baalspawn 2:
- there's the Matteo's Execution quest, which'd provide you the Starfall Ore. But that's only use'd be making your first +5 weapon - which you don't need. I mean short after you'll be able to've upgraded Foebane, so why waste time?
- Lazarus' Spellbook on the other hand unlocks a shop, and shops are good. Not that he has anything more good than a couple of healing potions for us, but there you go.
- get through the Sewers, not the prison (I think that way is a dead end)
This is why I lub weapon immunity from the Tears:

Baalspawn 3:
This is a place where you won't face magic, but musclepower, so swap into White Dragon Scales. Do not hold back anything when entering the complex - it is one of the really dangerous fights. Cast Hardiness before entering, and inside whirwind them to death. The Ring of Fire Control and the Helm of Rock helps too.
Tip: when it is not against Fire Giants, hop into the lava with 101%+ fire resistance. You gain heavy healing during and after combat.
In the Inner Chambers RUN IN and kill Belem (he has component to upp Axe of Unyielding). He has some very dangerous spells you know. Then run out to the passage where no giants can follow and dispose the army with (unlimited ammo) ranged weapon.
At the had remember that shambling mounds can not be hit by blunt weapons/can only be hit with slashing weapons (use the axe, heh).

Trial 2:
You should know Tamoko drains level. Still, the first to be destroyed is naturally the mage.

Run through the Oasis, and in Amkethran save Saemon (unlocks shop), and the local healer (I refuse from now on to call these clerics, I'm an atheist and all these clericism offends me - why am I forced to worship dieties just to be healed? - anyway this unlocks another shop).
NOTE: as you'll inevitably stumble upon the thieving major's daughter you can compensate the reputation-loss from there at the saving of the healer. Not that that fight would be long, or hard, or the rep-loss would rly matter.
Possibly interesting items from the smugglers (for this solo): gargoyle boots, ruby ray rod, k'logarath (+4 throwing axe), glasses of identification.