Thread: Railroad Tycoon
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 05:39 AM   #147
TheOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hi I play this game as well trying to zoom using F2, but it's nothing but green. What happen? Thanks
I have the original RRT Deluxe from 1993. I haven't touched it for a long long time so I thought I'd download the original version of RRT from here. It's similar but simpler. Now this problem was mentioned in this forum once briefly and got an unhelpful reply. The F2 bug. I'm using Dosbox 0.74 or 0.74-2 on a Win10 machine and an older Win7 machine. Once into the game you should be able to Zoom to Area Display using the F2 key. I get a blue-green blank map with only the small inset in the upper left showing the map. The other Zoom keys work the way they should. I tried every likely combination of graphics, sound and keyboard selections. I have the same F2 blank map with both versions of the game on both of my computers. I got an Amiga emulator and the Amiga version of RRT and had the exact same problem. Is this a bug or a feature?? So far as I know the rest of the game works OK but I didn't get too far into it. This F2 bug has me flummoxed. Can you play the game without the area view? I don't remember this being a problem on my old DOS/Win3.1 computer but that was over 25 years ago. Any help, comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Edit & addendum: Problem solved, it's not a bug. When all else fails read a book. Quoting from page 29 of the manual: The Area Display "is a schematic display of your railroad. It shows no geography." So, obviously, you're not going to see anything at the beginning of the game before you start building.

Last edited by TheOldMan; 18-02-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: found the answer
TheOldMan is offline                         Send a private message to TheOldMan