View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
LoOsaH

Hi. I recently downloaded The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The case of serrated scalpels. I tried to run it normally at first by double-clicking on the "install.exe" icon and it just wouldn't run. Then I tried to run it through DosBox. At first, I opened DosBox, I mounted the c drive and then through the right directory opened the install.exe file. The game install screen opened this time, but when I pressed on the "begin install" button, I got an error thatit couldn't open the c:\...\portrait.lib
So, I tried this time to simply drag the install.exe icon on the DosBox one. This time, the game install screen appeared once again and when I clicked on the "install now" button, the installation began! But right after the first disk of the game was installed, the game asked me to "insert disk 2".

Well, I have no idea how to make this work, I would really appreciate any help possible. Thanks in advance

Oh btw, I am also really curious why the first time that I regularly mounted c and run the game I got this error with the portrait.lib. Any info on that too would be thanx =)
AND i'm running the game under WinXP!
LoOsaH is offline                         Send a private message to LoOsaH