View Single Post
Old 27-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #360
Experiment632

Okay, I have decided to place some of the progress of my latest game. The Year is 1995. The Soviet Union still exists and is still Communist. The U.S. decided not to stop Iraq from conquering half the Middle East. However after Iraq had taken Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, & Jordan, the U.S. sponsored a successful Coup 'd Etat in Iraq and its holdings. Iraq became Capitalist and was allowed to keep its gains. With U.S. help, Iraq took over Iran. In 1993, a shakeup in the Soviet Union caused them to temporarily abandon their own World Team Alliance despite still being communist. Taking advantage of this, the U.S. and South Korea invaded North Korea. The Second Korean War lasted about three weeks after which the North surrendered. Due to having more troops in the invasion, South Korea took control of North Korea. In 1994, several nations in Africa became Capitalist though rebel takeovers and wars.

Countdown To World War III: In June 1994, the Soviet Union attempted once again took political action again Japan and successfully sabotaged their economic assets. After determining it was virtually impossible to use covert espionage and due to the USSR's persistent action against Japan for the past 4 years, the U.S. decided to take military action by launching several surgical strikes against the Soviets. Miraculously, the only major Soviet response was a single surgical strike against the U.S. which failed. Nuclear war was averted however Soviet aggression increased. They committed more covert ops for the rest of the year against nations such as France, Japan, Eygpt, South Korean-controlled NK, etc. They successfully launched a Coup 'd Etat in Tunisia in November '94. During January 1995, the Soviets launched a surgical strike against Israel, prompting a successful Israeli sabotage against them. The U.S. responded by placing a full trade embargo against the Soviet Union. The next few months, the U.S. increased their troop deployments in nations bordering the Soviet Union as well as nations bordering those nations. On May 1, 1995, a massive fleet of Soviet warships and full loaded amphibious assault craft are spotted in route to Japan. The Third World War was about to begin...

The Third World War: 1995

World War III continues, despite this U.S.A. Quality of Life is still at 100%

While Soviets can stack more troops to a territory, mine are more well trained

U.S. is clearly in the lead in regards to military power

I can see this conflict continuing into 1996--Unless someone decides to pop a nuke

Soviet Invasion of Japan is entering its fifth month

Allied Attack on the Soviet Union continues

Despite not being Communist, Angola is at odds with the U.S. and has Soviet-backing

Current WTA setup -- Clearly the enemy is virtually surrounded now

Capitalism is definitely expanding while Communism & Centralism are declining

I am thinking this is now the largest deployment of U.S. troops since the Second World War

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Soviets max out their deployments and attack U.S. interests

Allied Holdings

Iraq: Kuwait (1990), Saudi Arabia & Jordan (1991), & Iran (1992) Persian Gulf Crisis, U.S.-Sponsored Coup 'd Etat, & Second Iran-Iraq War

South Korea: North Korea (1993) Second Korean War

Liberia: Ivory Coast (1994) Liberia-Ivory Coast War

Zaire: Congo (1994) Congo War

Libya: Chad, Niger, & Algeria (1994) Libyan Territorial Disputes

Gabon: Equatorial Guinea (1995) Part of World War Three

Italy: Tunisia (1995) Part of World War Three

Greece: Bulgaria (1995) Part of World War Three

Negotiations & Coup 'd Etat

India is now on U.S.A. WTA for the rest of year -- Very useful setup against Soviet-backed China

Not much to look at but every additional soldier counts

Now a former Soviet ally is fighting for me! May help Ethiopia get back at Somalia for invading them in 1990

Active Combatants of World War Three--Could expand at anytime
U.S.A. WTA
United States, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Turkey, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Norway, Zaire, Libya, Italy, Greece, & Gabon
Soviet WTA & Soviet-backed
Soviet Union, Afghanistan, Bulgaria, Tunisia, Equatorial Guinea, & Angola (Also launched surgical strikes on China & Cuba)

U.S.A. Casualties: 183,918
Soviet Casualties: 899,910
Experiment632 is offline                         Send a private message to Experiment632