View Single Post
Old 22-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #358
Experiment632

Default Alternate Persian Gulf Wars

1: OTL--You know the story. Iraq takes Kuwait, US slowly builds up, US attacks Iraq between February-April 1991

2: US-Iraq Alliance--Assist Saddam in his conquests. Sadly polls drops from 52% to -48% with very swift impeachment the same day as Kuwaiti defeat. Guess that was deliberately hardcoded into the game.

3: Defense of Kuwait--Immediately assist Kuwait by sending in troops. I made two attempts. One my polls dropped too far down in only a few days, the other time my polls held for a month before dropping. Maybe I should have started building up in both Saudi Arabia AND Kuwait from the very start.

4: Nuclear Response--The moment Saddam invades Kuwait, I respond with nuclear weapons. My polls fall a good deal but not near low enough for impeachment on the spot. However France or China are likely to nuke me as well, earning a nuclear strike from the UK. I am dead or impeached by mid-August.

5: Neutral At First--I plan to just pull my forces out of the Middle East and let Saddam conquer the Middle East, minus Israel hopefully. About all I will do is make sure my CIA spending there is high. After Iraq has become powerful, I finally get involved by sponsoring a coup to overthrow Saddam, which should result in every state under Iraqi control becoming Capitalist as well. Might be fun having "Super" Iraq on the United States World Team Alliance. This is the only scenario listed that I have not yet tried.
Experiment632 is offline                         Send a private message to Experiment632