View Single Post
Old 07-04-2024, 02:18 PM   #590
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default The Night of the Rabbit

One: you are not playing the rabbit.
Two: the game does not take place in one night, or any number of nights.
Three: this game is ludicrously slow. There's a whole sentence worth of space between every sentence said, and there are a lot of sentences told.
Four: it has a tutorial that sees you a moron. Takes forever, and after passing some intro-area where you click on stuff to move, converse and stuff, explains that you can click on things. I mean what?
Five: the first puzzle is a stupid force-railroaded nonsense, which requires a very-very high level of understanding of english. That's in obvious direct contrast to the tutorial you just've done. I mean couldn't you allow to mix the ingredients at least in whatever order, like any other adventure-game? And don't even start me with the symbol drawn on that random frog-rock. What was even that?

All in all I'm not against this, but I only suggest picking it up when you have waaay too much time not having anything remotely interresting in reach. I mean classical paintings are neat, but if there is an action-movie in the cinema - the film-theatre will always win.