View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
Osprey850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
Ha, I've been on the very same kick too! Thank you for the link, I like your taste of games
Dune2, Jedi Knights, Strike Commander and Warcraft patches are amazing. Took em all. Your D2/WC patches in particular effectively make the vanilla mechanic obsolete, all while keeping-in with original spirit of the games. Remarkable
Thanks. If you didn't know, there are two good fan recreations of Dune II: one called Dune Dynasty and one called Dune Legacy. They're Windows programs that allow high resolutions, add features like right-clicking and selecting multiple units at once (something that I can't simply add via utility), fix bugs and make gameplay tweaks. They're pretty nice and sort of make my mouse helper obsolete, but I put it together, anyways, in case there are others like me who prefer playing the original DOS version of the game. I can tolerate and appreciate a few modern improvements to games, especially to things like control schemes, but I don't like to deviate too much from how the game looked and felt way back when or else it doesn't feel quite so nostalgic anymore.

Last edited by Osprey850; 29-10-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Osprey850 is offline                         Send a private message to Osprey850