Old 10-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #214
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
kudos on the dev diaries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker55A View Post
Yeah, they're really great! I was thinking of trying to come up with little mods based on Civ2, and these dev diaries are really going to help me a lot!
Thanks guys!

Well then I guess I better post some new ones lol!

HoMM2 Dev Diary 06 – Heroes, Units & City Buildings In The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the sixth dev diary we answer fan demands to show units while also showing off all city buildings and some small touch-ups to the city sky view.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...city-buildings

Well I guess this makes a fitting time to post about my C&C project lol! As after months working on the huge Heroes of Might & Magic 2 Civ2 scenario I decided to turn my attention over to one of my other favourite franchises for some more fun Civ2 scenarios, the Command & Conquer and Red Alert universe! I started coming up with some pretty crazy ideas for huge Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario where you’ll be battling it out in city streets between huge sky scrapers however despite learning a lot from working on the HoMM2 scenario I wasn’t quite game enough to start that just yet. I’d also been thinking about a dark and moody scenario set in the C&C Tiberium universe and noticed that a fellow named Wonx2150 had already made a scenario in that universe but just hadn’t really done any proper graphics for it so I decided to take the easier route and remaster his scenario first to build up more experience before taking on the big Red Alert 2 scenario.

I created a ModDB page for the C&C project and have made a few dev diaries covering stages of development similar to the HoMM2 mod ones. Stay tuned for dev diaries for the Red Alert 2 scenario here in the future too!

C&C Dev Diary 01 - New terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario
In this first dev diary I look at changing Civ2’s terrain and cities to look like C&C2 as well as importing some cool new units.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...-terrain-units

C&C Dev Diary 02 – Finishing all terrain & units for the Civilization 2 – Command & Conquer Scenario:
In the second dev diary I ask for some fan input and finish off importing all the new C&C unit graphics.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...-terrain-units

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
what's the best place for civ 2 mods?
A question that has been foremost on my mind lately as I've been doing some serious scenario/mod hunting myself! Eg I've got a massive post at CivFinatics about stuff I'm looking for.

The best places for Civ2 mods I know of are:
CivFinatics Downloads and their Scenario Forums for Civ2
The amazing Civ2 Scenario League site
The long dead Atomic Network site's Civ scenario collection was thankfully backed up to archive.org. It's a 6gig download but my god.. I opened the file there's over 500 Civ2 scenarios & mods in it, and some civ3 stuff too.
The 20yr old Cradle of Civ scenario site is backed up and still works thanks to CivFinatics, I found a few rare gems there.
Storm Over Civilization was a famous Civ scenario site that is sadly gone.. apparently the German folks at Civforum.de have a full backup but keep it under lock and key. They have a pretty good Civ2 scenario forum too and no ones told me off for speaking English there thankfully.

I'm on the hunt for more!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-08-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00