View Single Post
Old 31-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #20
T.Hi

I don't know that I can help with not being able to save, but you can check to make sure the appropriate files do NOT have "Read Only" checked; sometimes that's the problem for me.

As for being booted out at the part when you get off the train after the intro, the same thing happened to me. Then I read in the "Read Me" file that you can use the "Replay" file to pick up where you left off should you get booted off. So, I
(1) restarted a game, then just before the point where I get booted off, saved and quit, (2) then used the 'Replay' file to continue from that point. Once I got to the point where I could play, I saved again, (3) then I - finally - went back to the 'Gene' file, loaded my game and went from there...

Now, I have a different problem. While the game saves all of my options (Audio, Speed, Text, etc), it won't save that I want to play via mouse. I pick mouse and it always reverts back to the joystick, so of course I can't actually play - so frustrating since I fixed my other problem after a half-hour or so of thought! So, does anyone have any advice for me? Please don't tell me to use DosBox; I always get mixed up trying to use it and never get anywhere. Also, I can't play games from straight DOS on our computer (don't know why, just can't). My comp is a Win '98 that I got free from our local Rescue Mission so it has no paperwork or start disks. Still, I would think a game this old would work on it and it has so far...
T.Hi is offline                         Send a private message to T.Hi