Thread: Civilization
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave@Jan 30 2006, 02:29 AM
thanks guys, you were right, I actually didnt need DosBox. It's running very slow though,
Units move accross the board slowly, "animations" seem to take forever to "materialize" I think I've read about this before but, I'm not sure if that was civ2. Is this something I havnt set right?

These games are taking forever.
In the time it takes my wisemen to figure out one technology I could have looked up the subject online and explained it all to them k:.
That's where the IBM sounds come in. I used to experience that dreadful and awful slowness as well, so I experimented with the sound options at the beginning.
I believe there were two configurations or so which enabled you to play normally, but one was very annoying so my best choice was IBM. You should try for yourself if that works for you.
Furthermore, I once tried running the game in DosBox, and there it went perfectly. Smooth, audible etcetera. The only thing running slow was the save-function
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC