Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #885
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Hmm, sounds interesting certainly. Thanks for posting it here. Think I'll wait still a bit though, until an improved version will become available, as some things I've read in the announcement show it's in the process of twiddling yet and not an all-around satisfying (at least for me) release.

Particularly that the AI doesn't know how to load units into boats yet, that's an exploitable weakness, imagine you start off on an island, enemy will be severely limited in reaching you. Lords of Magic, which I liked back in the day, had the same kind of lame AI problems.

That the AI gets the same amount of big cheating advantage as in original is also not something I (entirely) like as it is, I'd have preferred still a bit smarter AI with some less amount of cheating advantage. Smarter AI is a lot more fun to compete against, than cheating AI where one could feel compelled to get some cheating advantages as well, and / or exploiting game glitches or AI weaknesses.

But that looks pretty interesting, I'll be sure to keep my eye on progress of that work.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty