Thread: More Lego!
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fourth @ Dec 16 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]271863[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That's the set with the detailed interior sextions, isn't it? :blink: Good luck with that.
[/b]
Actually, the interior is bare except for some beams to give the thing its shape. It is the exterior that is covered with fiddly little bits of detail. It is also the only place where there is any respite from the monochrome colour scheme of the ISD

My first choice for building anything is to dump everything into a box and rummage around for the correct piece. The sounds of the pieces chattering against each other as you try to find a specific part is very therapeutic. However, there are lots of tiny little pieces and two very small pieces used to put together the ion cannon, so it is not an option. I ended up transferring all of the parts in plastic bags to resealable bags. Picking up the resealable bag, checking that the part that I am looking for is not in it, and dropping it back into the box, should be good for some clattering of pieces.

There are actually three different Lego ISD's. There is the Ultimate Collector's Set (which I am now trying to build), a mini set (only 15cm long, almost cute, but mine suffered a drop to the floor with the resultant escape of small pieces to parts unknown), and a very new set for Star Wars minifigs (which is the one with the detailed interior, but it has less than half of the pieces [My wife would probably consider it to be a severe extravagance if I bought that one, too]).

The only guy that won't play with Lego, no matter how old they get, doesn't have any. I will occassionally play with Duplo, if only to join in the fun of my younger children.

It is not just universities. It gets used to train electricians to use programmable logic controllers. Lego really missed their intended target with the Lego Mindstorm stuff. Fortunately, the people who actually want to buy it have much more money than teenage boys
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell