Thread: Sim Earth
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #223
luciferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
The error seems to be memory-related. Try playing with memory size and changing XMS/EMS/UMB settings (this will help you with doing the latter without leaving DosBox for a second).
I decided to ditch the batch file which came with the .zip. Apparently mounting in the bat doesnt work, or atleast it causes something to go wrong. Here is what i did to get this to work :

start dosbox
mount a [x:\path here where\your simearth\install files are\located] ex. my line would look like this -> mount a c:\games\old\tmp
a:
install.exe [DONT run the setup.bat]
select drive A: [where you are installing from]
select drive C: [where you are installing to]
after this you can select screen resolutions and sound devices you like the most.
select preferred language
you can check the setup once more before programs copies the files.
press SPACE after copying is done.
once installation is complete, go to your new simearth folder and run simearth.exe.
Enjoy.

I assume reader has allready mounted hes/hers game directory to c: or similiar, so the final path might look somethign like this -> c:\simearth.

edit.
For some reason i didnt realize i replied to a post from page 9. Oh well, if someone still has this problem, this might help them

Last edited by luciferret; 06-03-2016 at 05:57 AM.
luciferret is offline                         Send a private message to luciferret