Thread: Striker
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
moonlite

This game has been vaguely on my mind for quite some time (months), but I couldn't think of the name...
Then suddenly it came to me today.... STRIKER !

About as simple and delightful in graphics and gameplay as Sopwith or Paratrooper.
( I also vaguely remember it to be a one file game, STRIKER.COM , probably about 100kb )

I found a small item about it on wikipedia: (small description and even a picture)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striker...on_video_game)

Quoting the wikipedia:
Quote:
"Striker is a side-scrolling CGA helicopter combat game written by Derek Williams in 1985 that was popular in that era.
The object of the game is to complete a series of missions involving picking up and dropping off spies, destroying aliens, etc.
using a helicopter that can fire bullets and drop bombs.
Fuel is expended whenever the helicopter maneuvers, and extra fuel can be obtained by bombing a fuel canister.

During gameplay, the screen scrolls right continuously until the player reaches his destination."
[/b]
I might still have it on a 5 1/4 inch (frisbee) floppy, but probably with some bad sectors =/

Thought this little gem might be worth putting on abandonia
(and I suggest for "If you like this game you should also try: ..." Airlift Rescue, Sopwith, Paratrooper )
moonlite is offline                         Send a private message to moonlite