View Single Post
Old 19-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #79
Nick02

Send a message via Yahoo to Nick02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Long time no see, Nick. What a surprise. Well, it's not only a nice idea to begin writing about quality freeware, it seems to be the only way to make use of Reloaded. It has a lot of potential that should be used to the site's advantages. On the other hand, I don't imagine it requires server access or big changes. Just begin posting reviews and news about the best freeware one can download - that is, if you have the time and resources. We could even ask people if they wanted to write reviews about quality freeware for Reloaded on these boards.

See? I don't know what was wrong with being called "Abandonia Reloaded", but that must have been the beginning of the parting. It reads as if you don't believe you need the Abandonia name and Abandonia itself either (except for when you want to advertise your retro social networks).

About the host, they care about us just the same.

Video advertisements... well... I couldn't find the thread (it was probably deleted), but I think that an advertisement represents what is being advertised, and why would we want to be represented by something we don't honestly enjoy. Some of us didn't like it, some of us did. I don't think you couldn't have made compromises to your "artistic vision" to satisfy a larger userbase.

Last, but not least, your roleplay adds only to your personal life, and not the site's. While the two have common parts they are not the same. You tend not to recall that.

That's all I've got to say on the topic, frankly.

Good luck with Reloaded.org.

We need to have more than just two people adding reviews. Why bother?

Server access would be required so we could actually host the games ourselves, like we were able to do in the past. I also have a vision for what Reloaded could be, in terms of updating the site's design, and adding new sections. But I have no control over that.

Uh.. no. We don't need Abandonia stuck to Reloaded's name. It never made any sense. It's not like anyone from Abandonia really gives a rat's ass about Reloaded anymore, or actually comes to the forum. The only time we will get AB users, is when someone is looking for an old game that is considered freeware (like Grand Theft Auto).

Advertise my social networks? That was once. So don't exaggerate. You don't see me come here anymore. And this is exactly why.

OH PLEASE! Above caring about Abandonia and Reloaded the same.. is a complete JOKE.
  1. Abandonia has server access, can host games.
  2. Abandonia has less advertisements.
  3. Abovo staff actually visit the AB forums.

Need I go on? Reloaded is just a profit page for Abovo. If they could remove all the games, and just make it an advertisement page: they would. They have no interest in the site. Instead, we're supposed to work on a broken site like volunteers.

As for roleplaying, if we didn't post there.. the forum would be dead. What else is there to post about, on a site with two active members? The roleplay keeps Reloaded alive.