View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #17
Munyul
Wink

Hi all,

TAAW was not my first game, but it was the first strategy game that I loved! The game ruled! And the fact that it was simple (as in options) was for me one of it's strong points! I personally think that a lot of todays games go overboard with possible options... less is more!

Some tricks/rules that will help you complete all the levels quite easily:
1. As Miguel Lopes pointed out, place your archers at the back and place your barbarians and knights at the front.

2. When you grow your army (in the forts), keep barbarians and knights together and seperate all archers out into thier own groups.

3. Never watch your barbarians or knights fight, they have a much better winning chance when you don't watch.

4. ALWAYS watch your archers fight! The best, dirty, trick is to watch your archers fight and then just before the enemy barbarians & knights reach your archers, press R to retreat, and then attack them again. When you attack again, the enemy barbarians and knights need to walk the entire distance again to reach you! And again, when they get to close, retreat and repeat! Yes a dirty dirty trick, but hey .... it works :evil:

ps. DOSBox rules! And old game that I created now runs again under Windows XP :Brain: http://www.planetquake.com/munyul if anyone is interested :whistle: