View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Would it be considered spam if AB sent out a mail to each of our members
unsolicited email = spam :/

IMHO anyone that cares enough to do voluntary work, will learn about this on his own.

BTW if you need help badly, I can help, although I'm no expert, but I could.

I also think the forums are more appropriate than the shoutbox. That is what is to be discussed openly, because then there are the staff forums. The shoutbox is for small talk, it's a bad format to inform or to discuss with the users, and if you didn't want to broadcast the info you wouldn't be using the public shoutbox to start with.

I of course have no priviledged information. Anyway AFAIK nobody else has, including the admins (!), nobody except Kosta HIMself and NObody else. (Understood?)

Since Romano has been mentioned already, I'll say that he stated, when he posted his Christmas pictures with Kosta, that they had not discussed Abandonia. You're free to believe his lies though, it won't change the heart of the situation. But he sure has no more right to "nominate" admins than the latest newbie. I'm done commenting Romano, since it's off topic, and I don't really want to any more, but I just want to make it crystal clear that I do not believe anything Romano said or will say.

The situation has been immovably the same since the site "upgrade" and Kosta's disappearance. Abandonia.com is hosted at Studentis:

http://whois.domaintools.com/abandonia.com

Studentis is obviously providing the hosting, since the site remains on line. But nobody has paid for any number of years in advance. Why? Because that kind of thing simply never happens, that's not how hosting works. Besides AFAIK Studentis doesn't pay an extern hosting provider, they're the ones with the server themselves, only they'll have costs out of it. It is possible however, almost sure I'd say, that there was a compromise from Studentis to pay for host the site during a certain period. (Anyway Studentis hasn't honoured all its compromises I think--concerning server hardware.)

As for the exact terms of the contract between Kosta and Studentis, we can't know the details if Kosta won't tell us. But we could safely guess that it must include a compromise of hosting AB during a period of time. We don't know how long, maybe four years, maybe not. (And after that period Studentis might decide take the site off line even if we finally manage to make it well again?)

As I said, I think the staff definitely ought to contact Studentis. AFAIK they're onto it, as well as other matters. I think they should establish the same level of contact Kosta had, since Kosta has left Abandonia indefinitely. And full access. Then the site could function normally again, which includes the pages themselves being fixed, and stopping this derangement. (There will always be forum drama, we just have to make sure there's an abandonware site behind it.)