Thread: Darklands
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #281
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonregistred View Post
Man BSGOG (Blocking and Stealing Good Old Games) lose all my support after blocking the download to the games that they (re-launch) i even made a bad idea of buying a game there...

Im not against they making money when they upgrade and make the game compatible with actual systems, but blocking the old version and if i have understand Borodin post not sharing the money with the creators...

UNFORGIVABLE!!!
Ignorance being a bliss I see. As Darth said, GoG always had and has made contracts with the IP holders of each title it puts out. In the case of Darklands, it is one of the many Interplay titles they acquired from Activision a long-long time ago. Not sharing the money with the creators is the same thing that Activision did, when it started re-selling Moo2 on their own distribution systems, so yeah. Interplay went belly up for various reasons, most of the people are either with InXile or with the small remaining part of Interplay. What GoG offers legally is your chance to relieve the golden age of gaming, and get games legally with all bells and whistles for reasonable prices. Oh and ofc support if any problem happens. And no DRM, no Steam connection or the likes. So yeah, the nerve of them trying to preserve games for posterity, right? Even if everyone points out that Abandonware is a grey area, it's still piracy, no matter how you sugarcoat it. And ragewhining about blocking illegal uploads is.. just lol.