Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #617
jambalaya
Lurker

Default Ascendancy Jambalaya Mod v.1.0

Hi All,

I just finalized my version of Ascendancy. I edited the weapons, buildings, and research in CAB 0 as well as the alien pictures. Included is the Antag2 version of the exe found on this forum thread by that awesome swedish guy.
  • Now the AI benefits a lot from additional factory and research on orbital structures, and your planet can develop a lot smoother that way too.
  • Some of the later structures now also act as mega buildings that provide lots of productivity.
  • Almost all buildings are balanced for extra utility and compelling uses.
  • Weapons were changed to be more balanced but be careful, as early danger can appear from enemy missiles that reach farther than your orbital missiles! (I've never actually had this happen yet, though).
  • The research locations were changed to make key research harder to achieve and longer to discover.
  • New alien pictures

I've finally tweaked this enough that I think this will be as good as it will get, without reverse engineering the code.

Don't forget to delete the resume.gam file before starting this new version! The research time won't be changed until you do it once.

Download the Ascendancy Jambalaya Mod v1.0 here!!!

Last edited by jambalaya; 10-05-2020 at 10:06 PM.
jambalaya is offline                         Send a private message to jambalaya