Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #603
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

No, i wont use patience while raping it.

Thanks! Yes, that software i did download yesterday, to proof it. All the way, i already got, but that "extract", thanks! I will punish that .exe for twenty years malfunction.
"Why do you shoot at yourself?" - "Cause you made me to..."

No no! The Antagonizer just makes war versus human player, the AI players just are in peace, at least in my version of that .exe. Using the ASCEND.EXE patch of 1996, i was able to just make total war by tweaking the ASCEND00.COB. So, you meet a species > war, all versus all.

You have to earn peace and alliance. The problem is, what the Antagonizer was not aware of, that, if all the other AI players are in peace, they wont overthrow and conquer each other and stay small. It is better, you make a total war, so that one single huge badass enemy will come up to beat you badly, in my opinion.

So, the Antagonizers diplomacy makes it a bit more challenging in the beginning, cause all AI enemies just fight just you, but in the end you can just conquer small pieces instead of one enemy empire. War is most important, so that the AI conquers the AI, and builds better ships, by losing smaller ones. The Antagonizer fucked up the diplomacy, in my opinion, it wanted to do it better, but it just does it worse.

~~~

So, i would use the ASCEND.EXE patch of 1996, and just implement the Antagonizers better planet building and rebuilding lines. I would try to let the AI colonize much more planets and just EVERY solar system it could get. And i would try to let the AI build better ships. All the other stuff, i solved already by rewriting the ASCEND00.COB - to let the special weapons shoot, to make it much more challenging, and to get much smarter AI enemies.

In fact, the ASCEND.EXE patch of 1996 plus my new modded ASCEND00.COB are fully able, to just have solved the most annoying malfunction stuff of that game. Some minor tweaks in .exe would be fairly enough, to shoot that game over the top at all i guess! Thanks!
Perhaps, giving 2 instead of just one ships for a solar system would be nice.

Last edited by Nicheal; 04-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal