View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
MyVitalRemains
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Thats pretty much Daggerfall in a nutshell.

I have mixed feelings about the dungeons. They're so cool and deep and even if they're randomly build out of set of specific blocks they look great. But they're so overly large and confusing that right after you finish the quest part of it, you'll immediately stop caring and head straight to exit....provided that you havent got lost and already given up on doing the quest in the first place.

And yeah, characters are almost literally a cardboard cut-outs that offer quest, information and services. Some of the notable one's actually have more detailed backstory, which can be found in books and sequels. For example, the Prince in the dining hall of Castle Daggerfall? Thats the future king of Morrowind as seen in Mournhold expansion pack.
At times I even felt like some of the NPCs had more emotion than the actual characters. Thankfully these problems that I mentioned are fixed in later games (maybe except the bugs).
MyVitalRemains is offline                         Send a private message to MyVitalRemains