View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
Saccade
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctrsknt View Post
Anyway, I joined the abandonia forums mostly because I wanted to contribute with articles and reviews to Abandonia Times.
Hello Vctrsknt!

The complete absence of vowels in your username makes it a joy to pronounce in many, many ways. All the while speculating as to what the missing letters may be and marvelling at the combinations of different (and very rude) names that can be uttered from such a string, using only marginal experience of phonetics and a human voice-box - complete with accompanying, necessary auditory apparatus.

It is not just the magazine that needs reviews, my dear chap.
There are many, many games that have yet to be reviewed, in order to be put on the site for download.
Not only does reviewing a game that isn't up on site yet mean you get to acquire the archive before the masses, revelling in the naughty secret that is retro-gaming... You will eventually get to see your very words and smashingly consonantatious username printed in big, Verdana print on the game of your choice.

While waiting for the next issue of the Abandoned Times, why not give your reviewing skills a polish-up by heading over to this list here and taking your pick of the week - staking your claim to fame by reviewing a game that is yet to be liberated..?
You can erect your flag-pole and peg out your patch of velvety turf by registering your claim here if you need the archive.
I am sure the complexities of submitting reviews and archives will be explained in further detail by one who knows.

Arete has kindly alphabetised everything so that you remember that S comes after E and before W.

A good magazine article / review = a good Abandonia game review (and vice versa).

Not only will you get the aforementioned glory and attain internet celebrity, but you will also receive many Pieces of Eight, which you can virtually hoard and lust over, in preparation for the day when PoE's will replace Paypal.

While you're at it, would you care to make a wager..?

[ed]
btw - you make me feel old, with yer fancy 486DX2's with eight Mb of RAM...
Them were the days...

Last edited by Saccade; 04-09-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: url linkies... I may also be lying about the Glory and Celebrity and Paypal thing...
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade