View Single Post
Old 19-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
gamemaker

Post chapter two – let's make an adventure game

So, what happened the last days!?

controls

The mouse will do the most, because it is a click'n point adventure. I like using symbol-bottons to start the actions of the characters. Will do my own disgning, don't wanna see that 'lucas' or somebody else comes along and stops me by finishing it. Don't wanna see it die.

graphic

To support the atmosphere, the game will be played in full-screen-modus. The window will be something like 900x550 px and different graphic elements have been tested how they look like. I must say, it is a nice size and works perfect on (my) mini-laptop. I don't want to make it bigger even I could have it able to fit every screen automatically.... BECAUSE it could get distorted. To small takes the chance to have nice graphics (means details). So I will not change much about it.

I'm using points, lines, patterns, shading, color surfaces and basic shapes to put the scenes together. Futher I'm going to use optical illusions and perspective theory for 3D-effects and that all only with a white and a black pixel.

appearance

The outer appearance of places and characters are influenced by the 1920's. Is a great inspiration for fashion and architecture, on the top London and Paris.

storyboard

I know which way it shall go, so I'm writing it down the next days. Before I will animate my characters and tiny things.

characters

Will introduce my 5 special people soon, the 'search' is already finished. Well yes, they are five now.. without the secondary characters. Want to have a first look? Here is the overview of my inspiration.

main view.jpg
gamemaker is offline                         Send a private message to gamemaker