View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #10
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Sounds to me like the Virginia shootings were an act of a very mentally ill and unstable person. I suppose people will be analyzing this for some time. The gun laws here are very ridiculous. The "Right To Bear Arms" in our constitution has made it difficult for gun opponents to battle the pro gun wackos. Time to make some modifications if you ask me.

It is true that the Weapons of Mass Destruction accusation proved to be false. However not only was Saddam guilty of attempted genocide against the Kurds and mass murder against many Shiites, lets not forget that there were Al Qaida training camps operating in Iraq with impunity. The same Al Qaida that is responsible for attacking the US and killing over 3,500 of our innocent citizens in one dreadful morning.

All that said, this war is no longer about the US vs Al Qaida or Saddam. It is now an effort to establish a new government in Iraq without having the Iraqis exterminate themselves. It has become quite a mess.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer