Thread: Wrath of Earth
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar88 View Post
How glad I am to see WoE up on Abandonia, with a fair review and working download link. Plucked from a discount rack years ago at a store whose name I forget, this obscure game surpassed my expectations on all measures. It is high time it was given a fair shake.

The essence of this game can be distilled to this: WoE has the ability to take you out of your seat and put you in the shoes of the protagonist. Turn off the lights, find a good set of headphones, and clear your schedule for the next eight hours. Block out the world for a time and you will become that lone soldier in the BTS suit. Exhausted. Jumpy. Horrified. Overwhelmed. Confused. And with the terrible knowledge that your mission is far, far from over.

Know your enemies, watch your status, and at all times remember the Golden Rule of Battle --- In order to win you must defeat every enemy you encounter. The enemy only has to defeat the one of you.

Perhaps one of these days I'll write a proper walkthrough for Woe, seeing as there is none.
I'm glad to see you agree with me. Although I'll admit that I spent far longer than 8 hours playing the game... Did your budget version have a box?

EDIT: And did the Alien Artifact in Level 3 have a purpose?

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.

Last edited by AlumiuN; 18-03-2009 at 11:17 PM.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN