Old 20-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #53
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Schabernakel-anbeter@Feb 20 2005, 06:17 PM
im a bit confused :crazy:

is it respect you are talking about
Yes, we are talking about respect.

What you're talking about is the classic case that Machiavelli mentioned in his Prince.

You can not make others feel possitive about you, but you can make them fear you.
So many people think that respect comes from strength and fear, but it's not so.
Ask your self this - how do you show someone that you respect them? It's easy - you treat them as you would like to be treated. How do you make people respect you? You can't. You can make them fear you, but that's about it. You can only set a good example and if they recognise it, they will start respecting you. So respect has nothing to do with fear - it's quite the oposite.
If I earned somebodys respect they will stand up for me when I'm in trouble adn would even risk to get hurt. Good example would be from the movie "The Pianist". They respected him for being an artist - and so they risked by pulling him out of the line and the officer didn't kill him. That was respect.
Fear would mean, that once people aren't scared of you any more they will try and take their revange. Fear produces negative feelings, respect is a positive feeling.
Hope this clears it up.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos