View Single Post
Old 28-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #134
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Shadow Man - Final

Not much remains left:

The Mordant Street, "Home Improvement Killer" is an IDOT. There is no challenge defeating him. He is at the end of a long corridor's corner, so you charge - jump out of the corner - release the shot etc. When he finally reaches you he'll barely have any life left.

Cadeaux: 71
Dark Souls: 109/120 (this is VERY good as there'll be another of The Five (110), and 11 more in The Engine Room (121/120!))

NOTE: I have 4 accumlators, so I could go and get Violator-machingun for More Dakka, but as I did not yet used the SMGs, I'll rip Jack to shreds with those.

London is unusually big compared to the other bosses' places. Compared to? f*me, it is so vast it easily another Cageways, or Playrooms, or Asylum Gateway! And there is (was) no map for it! I felt totally overwhelmed!
What you might want to know either way is, that the whole place is one giant circle, except Jack's place, what is connected it througha way starting with blades rotating vertically, only half in the water.
And you know what's the WORST of the place? Up to now, with the end of this level and clean-sweaping EVERY locations to the bone, you are able to collect 499 cadeauxes. Not 500, not 512 - just the measily 499. Dammit!
*checked again drawing a rough map of the Jail, and no cadeaux missed.

Oh, the fighting strategy: Jack is a nasty enemy. He climbs the walls and gets behind you very fast, so you have no chance shooting him. Then he jumps on the back of you causing damage, just to disappear again. Sounds unfair. And yes,this is finaly a place where you are better off with as much HP you can have.
No, you can't just run into a corner and w8 ur chance - I've tried.
The solution is to run in circles in a U-shaped corridor which leads back to the starting room, and you make full circle by jumping to the water and restarting the same pattern. Somewhere along this run he'll jump down and miss you. He won't climb the walls again until lands a hit on you (or swings a hit. Or takes massive damage. I think.). So run ahead - he is slower than you this way. When gained enough distance to turn around w/o getting hit do it, and double-SMG him while backing. Hopefully he'll gain enough damage to jump away before hit you, and definitely suffer enough damage to die sooner than you.

New Secret: in the (women's) toilet you gain Pea Soup Secret.

--------------

The Engine Room is actually 4 different level, which gets connected after solving each part separately. Just to erase confusion.
Also, there seems to be no twists for any of the parts, so no rant from me.
Although I yet to see any of the 13 leftover cadeaux. I think I just give up. Definitely won't go through all the areas just for the hope of some forgotten p*** of s***. I am f*** GOD anyway to collect 499 ANYWAY.
YEAH!

(Too late now. Will finish tomorrow.)

-----------

Hopped for the Violator. Left the full magazines for now, they'll held for the End. You can find bullets for this weapon in barells until now. Worth the More Dakka against the Trueforms. For the times I can't sustain the Enseigne (shield). I suxor when it comes to running around u know.

Anyway, the arrival from the Cageways way easy, from London too.
Then I hopped to New York, and kept blasting in frustration the (once already) opened boxes, but here I found a cadeaux. Wtf, I'm happy like noone else. Go for more elife after this. Arrival from here was not smooth, big welcoming comitee.
Arrival from the Jail in itself is not hard, but the unavoidableshot you catch in as part of the movie(!) is not pleasant. Either way, the hardest part of this section is, that you'll face no less than 6 Truforms (monster-minibosses, first fought back in the Playrooms). That means a LOT of resources.
You even have to fight two at once once.

New movie: after you enter into the Engine Rooms from the Cageways side you get the area-move, and than you can go and talk to NPC 2. One might suspect there is a similar movie with NPC 1, but damn me if I go and figure it out.

New Secret: open the lvl10 door. It is lame, but that's all you get. A sketchbook.

What remains is the final fight...
The first part is easy: back off while shooting with fully charged shadowgun.
The second part... Well, the boss flies, and shoots two thing at you: a straight beam, which is too fast to bother with (either misses you or hits you, you can't do anything 'bout it), and a plethora of selfguided missiles which last very long, and you likely won't see when/if they dissipate.
The theory is to run in circles on the upper platforms to miss the projectiles following you while occasionally shooting the big baddy - but I could not figure out how to win exactly.

In case you have trouble beating the Final Boss:
Start the battle from the very beginning, so Legion is just a suited man.
Equip the Violator and the Shadowgun.
Run in, ignore Legion.
There is his big "throne", held on the sides two coloumns. Start shooting the top of the left column (from your point of view). Use the Sniper Mode. You'll notice bleeding. Keep attacking it (no idea wether charged shots or rapid shots required, but definitely keep shooting from the minigun) until it produces "dying effect", I mean those circulating whitish-blue particles. When they fade (from 10 life-unit you should have 4-6 left) switch back to normal and kill Legion, so he transforms. You shall be put in front of it, wherever you had been. Run in and keep shooting it in sniper mode with the shadow gun. It dies almost immediately.

The source of this bug is likely programmer's fault, as the Worm Form likely not rendered during/after the movie, but is present from the start to preserve resources of the computer or something.

Last edited by twillight; 29-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight