View Single Post
Old 20-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #22
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
There was little interest for all those cumbersome "power gloves", right?
Who would like to swing the controller in the air, that sounds imprecise and looks stupid, right?

Lo and behold, Kinect.
Ahem. The Wii is the right example to state here. But even then, it only prove what I was saying: it was already there. They are simply reusing old technologies because there was no interest before.

Like those dance pads for Dance Dance Revolution? If I had to believe every gaming "expert", this was an incredible revolution. Nobody had ever seen this before! Ahem? I had a pad almost identical when I was 6??? That's 20 years ago!

Even then, again, there is the point in which I simply don't care. I could not care less about the Wii remote. All the games I've found the least interesting on the Wii were games which used the remote as an NES controller. And what about Kinect? It is exactly the same thing: I play console games to relax, not to jump around making noise for the neighbors at 2 am!

No interest... That's exactly the reason for me. I know you guys would like to find another reason, but that's exactly that for me. Why try to find a reason which doesn't exist?