View Single Post
Old 24-12-2019, 12:30 AM   #10
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I do not know if it is pertinent information...

One good and bad thing about Windows 10 would be when restoring an Operating System Image using Acronis True Image, as it would be a more complex process than on Windows 7.

I have no experience using Acronis True Image with Windows 10. I only know what I was told by someone experienced on the topic.

However, I have experience using Acronis True Image with Windows 7 and apparently, the Operating System Image Restore process is much simpler.

Some people say it would be important that when formatting the Hard Disk to Install Windows 7, there are 02 Partitions, one of which would be Hidden Partition.

I assume this Important Hidden Partition would be needed to store essential files and data primarily for Windows 7 Ultimate or Business (and Professional), that allow you to Restore an Operating System Image.

It would be something similar with Apple, which backup by storing the Tablet / Smartphone iOS Operating System Image in the cloud (iCloud).

On Windows 7, you can “cheat” using Acronis Disk Director to eliminate this Windows 7 Hidden Partition before installing Windows 7. I have never had problems doing this since I have always used Third Party Program like Acronis True Image. *shrug*

And on branded PCs like Dell, Compaq have a Hidden Partition that also allows the User to do Original Factory Restore, Image Restore on a Date, etc.

However, it seems that this “cheat” using Acronis Disk Director to eliminate this Windows 10 Hidden Partition is not possible anymore. Because Windows 10 does not allow this “cheat”. Thus, any and all Hidden Partitions must be kept on Windows 10. *shrug*

Another thing, for some reason, looks like Windows 10 has 02 Hidden Partitions. Thus, at the time of Operating System Image Restore, you would need to restore the 03 Partitions (being 02 Hidden Partitions) correctly.

I would need to analyze, or rather identify, the 03 Partitions, and then Restore the Operating System Image. Thus, on Windows 10, the process is a bit more hard or complex than on Windows 7. *shrug*