View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If you didn't like AVG but you want to stay with a free product you could also try Avira or Avast.
Sorry, I had the paid version of AVG. I don't mind if it's paid or free. But I'll have a look at Avira & Avast. At the moment, I'm trying the free trial version of BullGuard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
I can recommend too MS Security Essentials and Avira, both free. Be warned that Avira doesn't support Windows System Restore, MS Sec Essentials does of course.
I looked at MS Essentials, after Darth mentioned it the other day. But there was something about it I didn't like - can't put my finger on it. (I know, I'm being fussy )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
I use MS security essentials too. It picked up a few nasty things for me this morning when I did a full scan.

Oh yeah, I treat my pc like a cheap lady of the evening, WHAT OF IT?
Glad it picked up those nasties for you, Luby Lu.
And cheap ladies of the evening need taking care of, too.
(watches Lulu's creepy eye )

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
More cheap ladies of the evening need a self esteem boost... Also, that reminds me: i must download ms security essentials.
LOL Exactly! Well said Aretekins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Anyone care to explain why that Security Essentials would be any good? Just the name scare me... Since when can MicroSoft be entrusted with any kind of security and actually do a good job???

There must be a lot of bad hidden stuff in those... There always is with MS.
Microsoft used to do a security package called OneCare. That was PERFECT! I LOVED that package. I haven't found anything I like as much as that one. But they stopped making it\updating it\supporting it a couple of years ago. *cries*

Thanks everyone. Your comments are really helping.

Last edited by Frodo; 04-06-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo