Thread: Alien Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Apr 5 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]286246[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think it's not too big for ze ISO Cellar! [/b]
I know, but to be honest I am not sure how I feel about the ISO celler. It isn't that I want to deprive anyone the chance to play the game but I do have a problem with the hosting site profiting off my investment in my game collection without it being a mutually beneficial arrangement. Creating an ISO and uploading it is a time consuming process. Hours and hours for most games. I just don't have that much time to help someone else make a profit from it.

At Abandonia I am happy to give as I also get a lot of value from being a contributer. Also, Abandonia is more of a closed environment because the link can always be removed if the game's status should change. As a software developer I have great respect for the stance that Abandonia takes in that regard. If Abandonia were hosting the ISO I would be more inclined to go to the trouble.

I am more in favor of supplying ISOs to Abandonia for hosting in the VIP section. And yes, I know, people can always download it from there and upload it again to any number of ISO hosting sites ... on their time.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack someone else's thread.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer