Thread: America
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #12
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I'm a brit and I actually respected what Clinton was doing. He got the country out of debt and all the Republicans did back was slag him off and put him in a trial for something that is NOT illegal. At all.

The government of the USA at the moment is a pretty bad one. Crusading around countries which contain oil and also people with a history of being harsh to invaders and occupiers is not a good idea. What has made the whole thing worse is that now that Galloway (a british politician) has started saying bad things about them the Republicans claim he is a lier, a cheater all of that.

Transparent ploys like that just offend me, it's easy to see that what they are trying to do to people like Galloway who have a good point is to cripple their reputation.

After September 11th, I had some pity for the US government. On the other hand, mere moments after this, Bush decided (not very well IMO) to pretty much put a spy at every street corner after what may well have been a random attack.

Labelling all terrorists as Islamic Militants did not really help their cause. One bit.

He may claim to be a righteous crusader, but what he forgets is that 'his' country was only created by protestants, who were persecuted against, who then wiped out all of the indiginous people. I bet that probably isn't what you'd hear in an american school, but it's what it is. They were essentially terrorists.

9/11 brought them a little sympathy, but was then exploited (and still is) to try and make people more patriotic. Campaigns like that disgust me. I for one am sick and tired of terrorists being labelled as Islamic, Bush interfiering in other people's problems and many other things.

You want an example of his meddling? OK, Isreal and Palestine. That's a war that is so old that it is MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE. Trying to make it turn around with a bloody wall and some democratic talks with Bush and Co. will not sort it out.

The same goes for Iraq. One Bush just couldn't make it! So the son steps in!

3 years away - Gulf War : Jeb Edition?

If they already have Saddam Hussain then why are they still in the country? To make peace? Peace does not come out of soldiers on every street. Are people surprised every day when someone blows themselves up?

No. And it won't stop, I tell you this now. It probably won't stop until all of the soldiers go away and the people can repair their buildings and infrastructure. The Americans essentially bombed an MEDC back into the stone age. I am particuarly saddened when normal civilians are 'collateral damage' when they only want two or three 'terrorist suspects'.

Maybe they should send their 'crack troops' in instead of B-52s.

And maybe my own government needs to think about its priorities. It's putting ?3.5 billion (about $6 billion) into modernising the army and only ?1.5 billion (about 2.5 billion) into HIV research. What are they going to do, kill all of the people with HIV and then invest in autopsies?

Enough said.

PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks