View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
Torre

Ah, Test Drive Series! Sure it brings back memories!

Test Drive: Top of the games at those days, it had only 4 colours, because I never had the 2nd disk for Ega 16 colours! But never the less, 4 colours was all it took to sweep my mind to dreamland. The only thing bad was that it had not autocenter in steering, and it gave me quite a few thrills! The fact that to steer you had to push the gas button over and over was also a drag, but with time you could master the technique (click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click "What the hell are you doing, trying to screw up the keyboard!?" "Nothing, dad, just playing Test Drive!" k: Best Car: Testarossa or the Lambo

Test Drive II. The players of Doom and other nice games must excuse me, but this is the best game of the XXth century! Many of the technique in driving that I use today I lerned it with this game... :blink: Well, not all of it, of course :bleh: The scenarios were crummy, but it was great! You could also change the game, by changing the names of the files... For example, you could play against the police, just simply change the "cop.pes" for one of the *.pes of the cars! you could also "tune" your Lotus to become a Ferrari, the pointers would be all screwed up, but who cares!? You could also change what was written on the boards, with a simple editor! Those were the days... Favourite car: I had them all, muscle, european, and duel. But my utmost favourite would always be the F40. And what about the fact that you could pass between cars!? A little tight, but just right! "You lunatic!! You know how many women and children you could have killed!?" Good times, indeed... :Brain:

Test drive III: The passion. Great intro, but kind of a disappoinment at gameplay. Never the less, the 3d effects were super for those days, and the "candy", the easter eggs that it had were great! Chickens that when you run thru them they would screw your steering, hidden barns, rain, lights, music, nice car handling, the "dukes of hazzard" challenge to pass the closed roads, and the chance to turn your car in a 4x4 cruising out of the road! The alternate courses were also great. Try to play it on a modern pentium 4, it's the ride of your life, instead of a supercar you'll get a super rocket! :w00t: That's the price to pay for civilization... Best Car: The vette, but the others were also great. I guess that the vette was so lame on the other versions that they tried to make it up on this one! LOL