View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

If bringing up 9/11 offends anyone's senses, I guess I could just have easily used London or Madrid (or many more) as examples. You really think this is just about the USA? Are you kidding? Western Europe is in more imminent danger than is the US.

What angers me is that idealistic idiots like Assange try to hide behind their freedom of information platforms and release sensitive information (whether that information was obtained legally or not) without regard to the dangers it may create. They somehow think they are doing some greater justice by exposing government communications and classified information across the world so that we, the unsuspecting public, can raise our collective voices in a cry of outrage. Give me a break! Do you really think we the public are stupid enough to not realize that this kind of stuff is happening without the need to know the details. We have State Departments chosen by elected officials whom we entrust with handling these kinds of affairs, knowing all the while that there is a need to keep much of the gathered intelligence a secret so as to not endanger the safety of the public.

The world has become a dangerous place. There is a large and well funded worldwide radical movement to destroy the freedoms and lifestyles that western civilization has paid a heavy price to create and defend. If defending that means that we have to put up with some international mud slinging and covert international espionage, i am ok with it.

If people like Assange think they are performing some greater service to mankind they are kidding themselves. They are really simply trying to bring attention to themselves.

Some of you need to stop being so naive.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer