Thread: Quake
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #12
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

i remember when i first got Quake demo in my hands. the game was not our yet then i believe. Anyway i was a bit disspaointed, since weapons animations were done much better on games prior to quake (like the ones made on Doom engine). i was hoping they will improve that with the game's release, but as i saw much later that didnt' happen.

As for level design - i relaly like to see design where levels make sense. where they represent something. They did in Doom 1 but Doom 2 - everyhting is too much surreal.

Hmm funny how they could make so much in Strife with those engines back then. I mean that game looks like some futuristic RPG.

Quake has some good levels. some look like castels. I think it could be better if only there was a generaly idea of what the game is supposed to be and in which period should it be happening. is it the future? the past? some imaginary world? well good thing they fixed that in Q2.

Yeah Unreal and Unreal Tournament are much better. Then again they also came much later.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor