View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
Evad
Game freak

it's known as the game that's easily learned, but takes a lifetime to master.

The thing that really gets me is that there is never the same game twice. I've played hundreds of games(and I'm still no master) and I swear to you, unless intentinally, I have never played the same game twice. It is absolutely mind boggling how the situational complexity multiplies exponentially with every thought out move.

I have chessmaster 10th edition, and if you can afford it, and are into learning the game then this is hands down the best avenue for you to go. If you have ever seen a movie called "Searching for Bobby Fisher", then you might remember the boys name was Josh Waitskin(not Bobby fisher). Well he's all grown up now(and ironically has quit playing chess opting instead for martial arts) however he has colaborated with ubi-soft and put together a full-fledged tutorial and learning course that covers all aspects of the game. These elements that he goes over include: beginning, middle, end game play/ tactics/ phsycology/ pawn structure/ piece dynamics and congruity ,as well as much mre. What I loved best was the fact that there is a lecture series included where he'll take you through some of his grandmaster games against his rival and take you step by step through them and explain the train of thought.

I may have to download this one however as i'm sick of having to put that bloody CD in my computer. ( i have bf2 and starwars3 in there right now and niether of them seem to want to leave ;P.

If anyone out there wants a half decent advesary or maybe even a little tutelage (as my theory is much better then my tactics at the moment) let me know. I'm always up for a game.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad